Student Financial Services

The Difference Between a Federal Work-Study Job and a Teaching Assistant (TA) Job

Last Updated: Oct 23, 2014 08:41AM CDT
Federal Work-Study jobs are only available to students who have received Federal Work-Study eligibility based on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Federal Work-Study eligibility amount is the maximum amount a student can earn once they find a job on campus. A teaching assistant (TA) job is paid from Federal Work-Study if a student’s funds are available. Graduate students and Post-Baccalaureate students can apply for TA positions through the Career + Co-op Center.

Contact Us

  • Email Us
  • Student Financial Services

    Sullivan Center
    36 S. Wabash Ave., suite 1200
    Chicago IL 60603
    Phone: 312.629.6600
    Fax: 312.629.6601

    Office Hours:
    Monday–Friday (except for holidays)
    8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found